King Schools Marketing Coordinator, Now Hiring
King Schools has a position available for a Marketing Coordinator in San Diego, California. The ideal candidate will be an active pilot and will have an avid interest in the aviation industry. The candidate should have at least one year of experience working in a marketing department or on marketing projects. The marketing team consists of five people who like to have fun, so strong interpersonal skills, and a good sense of humor are helpful.
The position of Marketing Coordinator will report to the Vice President of Marketing. The Marketing Coordinator will be working with a Graphic Designer, Marketing Manager, Software Developer and will have projects assigned that engage with all King Schools departments.
Marketing Coordinator Responsibilities include but will not be limited to:
- Content creation for social media accounts that include Facebook, Twitter, Google+ the King Schools Blog, YouTube, LinkedIn and others
- Content creation for traditional media including magazines, newsletters, catalogs, audio and video outlets
- Marketing to aspiring pilots, student pilots, flight instructors, commercial pilots, private pilots, sport pilots and drone operators
- Video creation, light editing, posting and tracking.
- Analytics and testing of A/B versions of web pages, emails and other marketing initiatives
- Public Relations – Identifying aviation focused news outlets and authors in print, websites, blogs, video, newsletters, podcasts and any other media or medium where King Schools can efficiently and effectively reach potential customers
- Advertising – Identifying aviation focused advertising opportunities in print, websites, blogs, video, newsletters, podcasts and any other media or medium where King Schools can efficiently and effectively reach potential customers.
- Product Management and data entry – Creating product codes and managing products and coordinating product production from inception to release
- Print Catalog Support – Assisting throughout the catalog production timeline
- Design and implementation of emails that include solicitations, news and other information
- Other tasks as assigned
The Marketing Coordinator should have experience with:
- Microsoft Office – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Email programs – Blue Hornet, Mail Chimp or similar
- Adobe – Acrobat, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign. King Schools operates in a Windows environment and uses these programs
- Experience with analytics, posting and advertising for Google, Bing, Facebook, Google+, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube and WordPress blog/website
- Marketing and advertising creation in digital, print, catalog, email, audio and video platforms
- Press releases; editing and proof reading
- Highly organized with exceptional attention to detail and the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously while meeting deadlines
- Content creation on digital and traditional platforms
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- BA/BS, preferably in a marketing, communications, aviation, education or business related field
- A comprehensive set of full-time employee benefits including: paid health insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid vacation and holidays
- Flying support including hourly cost reimbursement
Salary: Commensurate with experience. Relocation will not be provided for this position.
Please apply by email with the subject line “Marketing Coordinator Application” to John Dowd, firstname.lastname@example.org.