King Schools has a position available for a Marketing Coordinator in San Diego, California. Relocation will not be provided for this position. The ideal candidate will have a pilot certificate, experience or an avid interest in the aviation industry. The candidate should have at least one
year of experience working in a marketing department or on marketing projects. The marketing
team consists of five people so strong interpersonal skills, professional demeanor and a sense of humor are helpful.
The position of Marketing Coordinator will report to the Vice President of Marketing. The Marketing Coordinator will be working with a Graphic Designer, Marketing Manager, Software Developer and will have projects that interface with all King Schools departments.
Marketing Coordinator Responsibilities include but will not be limited to:
- Content creation for social media accounts that include Facebook, Twitter, Google+ the King Schools Blog, YouTube, LinkedIn and others
- Content creation for traditional media including magazines, newsletters, catalogs, audio and video outlets
- Marketing to flight instructors, commercial pilots, private pilots, student pilots and drone operators
- Video creation, light editing, posting and tracking.
- Analytics and testing of A/B versions of web pages, emails and other marketing initiatives
- Public Relations – Identifying aviation focused news outlets and authors in print, websites, blogs, video, newsletters, podcasts and any medium where King Schools can reach potential customers
- Advertising – Identifying aviation focused advertising opportunities in print, websites, blogs, video, newsletters, podcasts and any other media or medium where King Schools can reach potential customers.
- Product Management and data entry
- Print Catalog Support – Assisting throughout the catalog production timeline
- Design and implementation of emails that include solicitations, news and other information
- Other tasks as assigned
The Marketing Coordinator should have experience with:
- Microsoft Office – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Email programs – Blue Hornet, Mail Chimp or similar
- Adobe – Acrobat, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign. King Schools operates in a Windows
- Experience with Google, Bing, Facebook, Google+, Twitter, LinkedIn and
- Marketing and advertising creation in digital, print, catalog, email, audio
- and video platforms
- Press releases; editing and proof reading
- Highly organized with exceptional attention to detail
- Content creation on digital and traditional platforms
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- BA/BS, preferably in a marketing, communications, aviation, education or business related field
- A comprehensive set of full-time employee benefits including: paid health insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid vacation and holidays
- Flying support including hourly cost reimbursement
Salary: Commensurate with experience, no relocation allowance.
Please apply by email with the subject line “Marketing Coordinator Application” to John Dowd, email@example.com.