KING SCHOOLS VIDEO PRODUCER/DIRECTOR
Live, work and play in San Diego.
King Schools has a position available for a Producer/Director in San Diego, CA. The ideal applicant is an active pilot or even flight instructor and could possesses some video production or photography experience. The Producer/Director is a project manager that takes scripts coming down from the course development department and prepares them for video recording sessions. The Producer/Director can also lead a team of staff to produce marketing or promotional videos as well. Team collaboration and leadership skills are a must. The selected candidate will be given world-class training by some of our Emmy Award winning production staff to get you up to speed.
The position of Producer/Director will report to the Chief Video Production Specialist and the Vice President of Video Production. The Producer/Director may also do other department tasks as directed by management not specified in this description.
Producer/Director Responsibilities include but will not be limited to:
- Revises scripts before taping.
- Selects appropriate b-roll, graphics, and on-screen text for a specific video lesson.
- Operates closely with John and Martha King and other King Schools on-camera instructors to revise video lesson content.
- Functions in a capacity as director in the control room during tapings, directing shot sequences to technical director, cueing instructors on-camera, and directing graphic artists.
- Directs field shoots in the field and in-air.
- Works under a production timeline for pre-production, table read, and shoot.
- Comes up with humor and other ways to make King Schools videos “fun” for our students.
The Producer/Director should have the following experience:
- Active FAA licensed pilot. (Flight Instructor or Commercial flying experience a plus)
- Willingness to learn new ideas and embrace change.
- Great writing, solid grammar, and spelling skills.
- Microsoft Office – Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Computer skills, web browser, google, and other search engines.
- Adobe – basic photoshop, acrobat skills.
- BA/BS from accredited university or college. (MA/higher, and anything in aviation related a plus!)
- Video production experience not required but a PLUS!
Benefits – A comprehensive set of full-time employee benefits including: paid health insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid vacation and holidays.
Personal flying hourly cost reimbursement. Fun and exciting work environment. Position hours are typically M-F 9 to 5 except during special circumstances. Limited travel required. A great position for somebody who wants to be home every night.
Salary: Commensurate with experience. Relocation package available for out of area applicants. Please contact Gary Buzel VP of Course Production Organization: email@example.com