Do you have a passion for aviation? This might be the ideal job for you. King Schools has a position available for a Digital Marketing Manager in San Diego, California. The ideal candidate will be a certificated pilot, have experience in the aviation industry and a passion for flying. The candidate should be a subject matter expert with experience managing and creating digital marketing and advertising campaigns including expertise in Google AdWords and other paid online media platforms.
The position of Digital Marketing Manager (DMM) will report to the Vice President of Marketing. The Digital Marketing Manager will be working with a marketing team of five people – Graphic Designer, Social Media Manager/Marketing Coordinator and a Software Developer. The DMM will have projects assigned that engage with every King Schools department.
Digital Marketing Manager Responsibilities include but will not be limited to:
- Market to aspiring pilots, student pilots, private pilots, flight instructors, commercial pilots, sport pilots and drone operators through digital platforms.
- Responsible for development, management, and optimization of PPC campaigns on various platforms (Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook primarily),
- Creation, analytics and A/B Testing of ads, adding/removing keywords, landing page optimization, reporting, and other tasks related to PPC.
- Creation, analytics and A/B Testing of web pages, emails and other marketing initiatives
- Conduct keyword research to optimize product sales pages, content pages, blogs and course pages.
- Support local and organic SEO marketing campaigns by creating local citations, White Hat back links, studying Google Analytics & other tools for areas of improvement, conducting web audits, and other tasks related to SEO.
- Identifying aviation focused marketing and advertising opportunities in websites, blogs, video, newsletters, podcasts, email, re-marketing and any other media or medium where King Schools can profitably and effectively reach potential customers.
- Support the design and implementation of emails that include solicitations, news and other information
- Other tasks as assigned
The Digital Marketing Manager required skills/experience:
- King Schools operates in a Microsoft Windows/ Office environment. Experience with Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook is required
- Email programs – Blue Hornet, Mail Chimp or similar
- Basic understanding of (x)HTML, XML, CSS, and PHP web languages, and the ability to learn new software and social media/digital programs/applications.
- Experience with analytics, posting and advertising for Google, Bing, Facebook, Google+, Twitter, LinkedIn, DoubleClick, YouTube, Blogs, websites and emails
- Advanced understanding of Google Tools (Analytics, Search Console/Webmaster Tools, AdWords, MyBusiness), intermediate+ understanding of SEO, intermediate+ understanding of how to rank websites in Google using White Hat SEO methodology
- Understanding of lead generation and the digital sales process
- 2+ years experience with paid digital media
- Ability to analyze websites and make actionable recommendations for improving usability, performance, and conversions (CRO). Search Engine Optimization (SEO) and SEM
- Highly organized with exceptional attention to detail and the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously while meeting deadlines and staying within budget
- BA/BS, preferably in a marketing, communications, aviation, education or business related field
The Digital Marketing Manager applicant would benefit from having experience with:
- Direct to Consumer (B2C) marketing experience
- Adobe – Acrobat, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign
- Content creation on digital and traditional platforms
- Well-developed project management skills with knowledge of campaign development process including familiarity with all types of marketing communications from print to digital
- Certifications or documented training with Google AdWords & Analytics, Yahoo Gemini, and/or Bing Certified.
- Social Media Marketing, Content Writing / Blogging Experience
- Hands on experience using DSPs, agency trading desks, or other forms of programmatic media buying.
- Experience and certification with 3rd party Ad serving platforms
- Proficient with website analytics software (e.g., Ahrefs, Omniture SiteCatalyst).
- A comprehensive set of full-time employee benefits including: paid health insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid vacation and holidays
- Flying support including hourly cost reimbursement
Salary: Commensurate with experience. Relocation assistance is available for this position.
Please apply by email with the subject line “Digital Marketing Manager Application” to John Dowd, jdowd@KingSchools.com.