King Schools is looking for a passionate aviation educator to join our team as a Course Writer and Aviation Subject Matter Expert (SME) in San Diego, California. The ideal candidate would be an experienced certificated flight instructor (CFI), have the ability to clarify, simplify and make learning fun, and be passionate about educating the next generation of pilots. At King Schools, we provide academic training for pilot qualifications at all levels from new pilots to corporate jet pilots and airline captains.
The successful applicant will be responsible for working with our video team to produce scripts on required aviation training topics. The scripts will be used to create King Schools aviation related instructional videos and other course materials.
Role and Responsibilities
- Research applicable Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) source documents
- Maintaining awareness of aviation developments particularly those involving General Aviation
- Develop script content that meets the FAA training requirements
- Write studio scripts for video courses
- Ensure accuracy of material presented as a subject matter expert (SME)
- Review and approve video lessons after studio production
- Responsible for large, long-term development projects at the direction of management
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- FAA Certificated Flight Instructor
- Active involvement in General Aviation
- Demonstrated writing skills
- Proficient in MS Office Word and Excel
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to convert regulatory language to easily understandable vocabulary
- Ability to simplify, clarify and make learning fun
- A comprehensive set of full-time employee benefits including paid health insurance, 401(k) plan, paid vacation and holidays
- Fly the King Schools G-1000 equipped 2019 Cessna 172 for the cost of fuel!
- Hourly reimbursement for ANY other flying, plus free King Schools courses
- Salary range – $60,000 – $75,000 per year
- Commensurate with experience.
- Full Time position
- Some flexibility with local (San Diego) remote work
Position reports to Director of Course Development
Must reside or be willing to relocate to the San Diego, CA area.
Please include your resume, cover letter and put “Producer/SME Applicant” in the Subject line and send all to jdowding@KingSchools.com